#6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 16:17
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Paradise,

Unfortunately I can't help you with brands, because what's available here is almost certainly not available there.

I would suggest you see what is in the essential oils apart from fish oil, and if you can, buy it separately. Although you may not need it. Depends why you are taking it I guess. I have seen several different brands of enteric coated fish oil caps here - I suspect it's just a matter of looking (in pharmacies and health food shops - and the places Teuthis mentioned).

I do know that the enteric coated fish oil caps are available in the US - I first knew of their existence from American members on this board.

As for fish oil versus flaxseeds, I think that boils down to a matter of opinion. I take the fish oil because my cholesterol was high.

As Teuthis says, are you sure you need this at all? I think a multivitamin is helpful, otherwise the only really essential supplements (IMHO) are calcium and magnesium - taken together in a 2:1 cal:mag ratio with a total of 1000mg calcium daily (unless you are post menopausal, then it's 1500) - and some potassium. You may be getting sufficient potassium from food, unless you are having feelings of muscle weakness.

Cheers, Paradise, I hope I haven't confused you further.

Rosebud