#11   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 15:56
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/250/160
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Calories

Christa, the answer is to just eat less. As you progress in Atkins, focus on deliberately eating a little less as you go. Do it comfortably and without making yourself too hungry, and it works. I believe you are indeed exceeding the Atkins caloric advantage at 2,000 calories. But remember, some day you will have to maintain your goal weight and, despite of the Atkins advantage, you will have to eat fewer calories than your body burns. Learn to do it now, as you go. You need to be comfortable with less food when you reach a carb level where your appetite returns. That can be critical to your success.

I don't worry at all about the minutae of how much fat and how much protein. I do as Atkins says; partake "liberally" [moderately!!] of proteins and fats. But I eat small amounts, while strictly controling my carbs. If you do this you can enjoy your food. If you are eating 6 ounce portions of proteins, reduce that down to 4 ounces, or 3 ounces. I now eat less than 50% of the volume I did before I started Atkins, and I am most comfortable with it

Good Luck!