View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 14:00

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%

Boy, Trisha, it's hard to say whether you have candida or not. You might have food allergies. I have them, and before I was diagnosed, I suffered many of the same symptoms you are experiencing.

If you look for a post from m1whowaits, she has a link to a test that asks questions to determine if you have a possibility of having a yeast problem. I would start there.

Second of all, if you don't already, keep a food diary. Write down everything you eat, and the reactions you have. This will help determine a food allergy. A gluten allergy can cause some serious digestive woes, so that is possible. Give up all grain if you haven't already. Some common food allergens are eggs, dairy, wheat, chocolate, citrus. I, myself, am allergic to bananas, plums, all varieties of melon, pineapple, sunflower seeds, rye, eggs, and zucchini. A weird list, huh? I went through heck until I was tested. I recieved a skin test from an allergist.

If you go to your physician and tell him/her you suspect food allergies, they should send you to an allergist for testing. Even mainstream doctors take food allergies seriously, and would want you to be tested. Like I said, even on Atkins, I would still be having trouble if I didn't know what I was allergic to. Let's say you are allergic to squash. It is a legal food on Atkins, but if you are allergic to it, it will cause problems. Do you see what I am getting at, sometimes I can get confusing!

Good luck and keep us posted. There is an answer out there, you just need to find it. We will all try to help you.

-Jess