View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 11:12

Plan: IF/Low carb
Stats: 219/201/172 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

I have been doing carb refeeds once a week based on the Leptin theory and it has been working quite well. More veggies won't cut it, how about pasta, Fruit Loops and Coke. I have been loosing half a pound every week for the last 7 weeks. On my normal low-carb days I'm getting about 25 a day. Strangely, I have been low-carbing long enough I don't really enjoy the refeed days, they feel like a chore.

This last week it seems to be slowing. The less body fat you have the less Leptin your body will produce. The fatter you are the less you need to refeed. I am getting to be thin so it is getting more difficult. I have been wondering if I need to increase my refeed duration, or maybe just be happy with the weight I am now and work into maintenance. Weighing 3 pounds more every Monday morning also wears on you after while.

Before I learned about Leptin and started the refeeds (bi-weekly at first) I had many several week stalls, but none since. Back in the fall I thought 185 and 183 were never going to end.

This caloric staggering modified to the suggested carb/caloric staggering makes a great deal of sense with what I have been experiencing.