#1   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 08:02
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 273/260/225
BF:
Progress: 27%
Default More calories, lose weight?

I have read taking in less than 10x your weight can cause you to stall and other unhealthy things.

I have been doing this WOE for 2 months and only average 1700 calories daily...without trying. 65-75% calories come from fat, and I usually end up consuming about 125-150 grams of protein daily.

I presently weigh 250lbs, and by conventional means the amount of calories I should take in is 10x my weight, or 2500 calories. So far, I have lost 18 lbs and got my diabetes under much tighter control. I also exercise every weekday. alternating strength with aerobics. I rarely take in more than 20 effective carbs a day.

My food intake is simple, usually a flax seed oatmeal and cream, or 2 almond muffins with bacon for breakfast, 4-6 ozs some kind of meat for lunch on LaTortilla wrap, and dinner is 8-10 oz of meat and a safe vegatable or salad with full fat dressing. I snack during the day on hard boiled eggs, 28 smokehouse almonds, 1/2 oz pork rinds and/or 1 oz cheese. I usually have strawberries and cream after dinner.

My burning question: Am I taking in too little calories? I remember reading that you don't count calories on this WOE and I thought that was because calories were insignificant, no matter how much you took in. What I was not expecting was how little calories I take in and Iwant to know if this might be hurting me in some way...

I have put on inches of muscle all over, and lost weight and feel great and never hungry....and 1700 calories seems to be my norm..should I look for some high calories high fat but low carb treat to jack my calories up (what a concept!)?

Not a question I could ever imagine myself asking before....
Sponsored Links