View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-03, 01:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163.2/156.6/143.3
BF:
Progress: 33%

I read this thread entirely this morning and, wow!! I only have one thing in mind: why do people take offence when someone gives his/her humble opinion.?
The plan is suitable for some people and inadequate for others. That is a fact.

Please let's take the time to distinguish between a generalisation (gosh, is this even an english word?) and one's self analysis.

I have not lost much on Atkins but because I decided when I started that it'd be a WOL, I found days when it really pisses me off but <b>many</b> more when I am thinking it will take time. I know it will, weight did not come in one day. True: it is frustrating but hey......... I try and be reasonable (at times)
It is really the first time I am following a "diet" plan (i prefer to say WOE or different nutritional combination)

Also, I believe that the fewer the pounds you have to lose, the longer it takes... do not know much about body science but it seems to be that way.

My post on this thread is only to
*wish good luck to those who came here because they, too, did not lose much and
*congratulate those who are steadily losing the extra pounds. it must be great to have find the right combination.

<b>gracie-poo</b> I can only agree that yo-yo dieters have definitely screwed their metabolism. Surely their poor system does not know what is what anymore! Yet, I have never done any diet and AT THE MOMENT, hit a stall. I am sure it is normal and I just need to find the right switch to turn on! ok, ok.. it won't happen this week after this bad week!! (after 3 months of being the perfect pupil, I messed everything up last week with more carbs than expected! guilty)

<b>HerbNurse</b> Although I can never say this is a bunch of bunk (which i suppose means something brown and smelly..), I will definitely look more closely at what I eat. Every little bit could potentially hide something inducing the stall. So many people have made it work for them (success stories).

I am not attacking anyone. Just giving my point of view. Everyone is looking for whatever will make them happy and satisfied with the results.

Thing to keep in mind (in my opinion): there is no quick fix yet it is imperative you feel good with your programme to ensure you stick with it. This has also given me the opportunity to gain, as <b>LisaN</b> puts it, a better understanding of how "my body works". That is important, especially as a woman. I am 28 and had no idea hormones affected my body so much! Sad I know

Ciao!