View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 17:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 303/303/225 Male 5-8
BF:whopping!
Progress: 0%

Alternatives? Arrow, I can tell you the alternatives. The alternatives are NOT doing anything and staying unhealthy and continuing this way for the rest of your life. It is either a traditional "diet" or our way of life. Slim fast? Give me a break. Low fat diet? Give me a BIGGER break! Starving yourself? yeah, RIGHT! Throwing up on purpose? Terrible aftertaste.

The fact is, you are doing just FINE, Arrow. You have no reason to NOT do this WOE/WOL. You have lost 10 pounds from what I can tell. So you went up a pound or two, then you lose that back, then maybe go up another pound and lose two. Either way, you LOSE and you WIN!

This is a lifestyle change...a LIFESTYLE change. Ya gotta remember that. You are doing SO well. You are also not experiencing anything that everyone else hasnt. God knows, I have. I have been in a stall for over two weeks now. It, along with other factors in my life, drove me to the point that I almost gave up. I DID cheat last Saturday and it almost drove me batty because of it. I felt like I had let my Wife down, my family down, and the people on this forum down. Most of all, I let MYSELF down. If you give up now, I promise you that you will feel the same way!

So the alternatives are really not alternatives at ALL. I mean, you arent going to starve yourself, become bulemic, go on Slim Fast (YECCCH), etc. You have to ask yourself a question..."do I want to be healthy and slim and be that way for LIFE? Or do I want to be hungry all of the time on low fat diets" I'll bet that when you do ask yourself that, you will already know the answer.

Stay the course Arrow. you CAN do this!