View Single Post
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 17:00
Registered Member

Plan: Mixed
Stats: 268/199/167
BF:30%/14%/10%
Progress: 68%

I know what gluten is. I don't need a lesson from you. And further, I'm not giving advice. The book is. I'm simply pointing people to the book. If you choose not to read it, your choice. I'm not forcing you to read it. Nor was I giving any advice about what to eat or how to eat it. All of that advice is described in the book. If you choose to live in the way you choose to live, again, that is your choice. If others choose to read and understand the SCD that is their choice.

And further, the point isn't whether or not you eat carbs with the SCD the point is to HEAL the colon by reducing inflamation by eating the proper foods. THIS is what the SCD offers. If you choose to eat other foods that still irritate your colon (even if you manage to avoid gluten), then you're still no better off.

You need to lighten up and learn to understand that people are not out to torpedo you or your diet. I'm only offering advice on what to read. How you choose to use that knowledge and apply it to your diet is your choice and has nothing whatever to do with me.

One last point that definitely needs to be made.

>Also you advised a trial before taking the blood tests or biopsy which is also absolutely the wrong advice as I explained.<

I gave no such advice. I never once in any of my posts suggested anyone try this diet before, during or after any medical advice. I gave no advice about seeking medical help at all. You jumped to some severe conclusions by reading into what I was saying. If I need to put a disclaimer into every post I write, then this is just simply a ridiculous expectation. You should always seek medical advice before starting any diet. If you choose not to, then that is your choice. In fact, this disclaimer is already on this site. You need to read the charter of this site again as to understand everything written here is for 'informational purposes only'. No medical advice is dispensed. This is clearly defined in the terms and conditions of this site.

This discussion is now terminated.