View Single Post
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 17:00

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%

I must be one of the few that can't loose on a low calorie plan, the minute I do it, I gain weight.
As to the other stuff, I think we all need to be proactive in what we do and how we go about it. Luckily I go to a doctor who seems to understand what I needed to heal. I was asking about WW, so the comment that it is NOT low fat is not true, sure maybe you could use up your points eating fat, but is that what they are teaching you? I'm sure it is still high carb, low protein, and lower fat, and eating processed fats, and hydrogenated fats that are high in transfatty acids. He told me that it was too high carb for me. He even mention that I could do Body for Life, but thought that would be too high carb for me. ( I happen to think BFL is a good well balance plan for the most part.) I like TSP because of its emphasis in balance, goes along well with what I was taught about balance in all things. High carb didnt' work for me, with PCOS it was bad news all over. Now I feel so much better, than I have in years, and I mean years. I'm okay with slow, the metabolism has time to readjust to it's new weight, it has time to say oh you aren't starving any more, you aren't malnurished, you are doing what you are designed to do. I'm okay with that. I won't ever go back to a high carb life because I don't want Irritable bowel syndrome to rule my life, I want my skin to look good, (I actually saw someone the other day who said I was looking so young, what was I doing?), I want my hair to be back to what I knew 10 years ago, the last time I did HC/LF/LP I lost my hair, (IT was WW), it still isn't back up to par, I want to be able go outside and play basketball with my children, I want to enjoy going out and being with people, I want the insulin resistance to go away (it wont on high carb), There are so many things I hope for now, when less than a year ago I thought it was hopeless. I have hope now, and the courage to be patient, and take my time, and do what is best for me.
Balance, what a concept.
Tanya