View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 16:32

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 222/199/120 Female 62.5
BF:?/30/20
Progress: 23%

I can say that when I was following WW many years ago when it was just starting low protien, low fat, but was still somewhat lowercarb too, the only vitamins that I had enough of in any way shape or form was Vit A, because I ate lots of veggies, and Vitamin C. I didn't get enough of anything else because of so many being fat soluble, and found in red meats which were limited. Is that a way to live, I don't think so. I know my intake because of taking a nutrition class I had to do dietary analysis on what I was eating. Now I get enough of the essential's to live. One other Low Fat high carb plan I followed, stressed the need to eat over 2000 calories a day or the body goes into starvation mode. I gained weight everytime I tried a low calorie plan. Do you know how many patients gain weight when they are only getting nutrition from IV's. They are mostly sugar, even when other nutrients are added. They gain weight with ensure, which again is not in balance as much as they would like to say it is. If low calorie is to loose weight they would because trust me, they barely get minimal calories by these methods. Eventually, they might loose, but by then they are wasting away, using up all the building blocks in the body. For me this WOE, is not about calorie intake, but about healing my body. It takes time, I'm a slow loser, but I would rather lose slow, and do what I need to maintain and regain my health, I was getting sicker and sicker everyday, I was afraid I was turning into my mother in law that has so many problems that I needed to be proactive in stopping the degeneration of my health. I very much doubt I am cutting calories. I eat when I'm hungry, I work out hard, and beyond than I really don't care what my intake happens to be that day.
tanya