#6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 13:24
Former Couch Potato

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

Hi Crafty,

Don't get too hung up on the sticks as proof you're burning fat. While they can be a helpful motivational tool, it's important to note that they also register the fat you're eating - not just the fat you're burning.

While you shouldn't compare yourself to anyone else, I can tell you I've managed to lose 11 lbs on Induction so far (I'm on day 10). In the past I've had problems losing weight, so I've been really strict. I'd read how certain foods could stall people so I haven't used any lo-carb products -- yet! -- nuts or sweeteners. And I've been really careful about cheese intake. The one day I ate my full allowed 4 oz I went up a half pound the next day. Since then I've limited it to 2 or 3 oz at most and not every day. Just a bit grated on a salad or on my morning eggs.

I'm sticking pretty closely to the DANDR recommendations of 2 c of salad and 1 cup of other allowed veggies and it seems to be working okay.

Hang in there. And do check out FitDay if you haven't already. I've found it really useful. In the past, I never followed recommendations to keep a food diary and I think that's how little extras started to creep in and add up. Visually seeing how things are adding up has helped me control my portion sizes. Also I'll often pre-plug in what I think I'm going to eat to make sure it all balances okay. The pre-planning also seems to be working to curb my desire to take a bit more of this or another scoop of that.

Good luck!! Hang in there and I'm confident you'll be successful. And don't forget to take your measurements - they'll motivate you on days/weeks when the scale seems stuck!

K.