View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 12:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/196/175 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default What'tha (BLEEP)'s the alternative ?

Hi all,

Gloomy day. My weight average for the week is up 1.7 pounds. This was for the fifth week.

My eye caught so many posts today from discouraged people, people who swear they walked the walk. People who have found that no matter what they did, insidious pounds of fat pursued 'em and pounced on 'em. I thought for a failing heart-beat minute than even mObster had jumped ship. He hadn't, but he had no good news to report.

Even the success stories fail to inspire today. Someone says they lost 27 pounds in a week, and instead of wanting to congratulate them, out of envy I want to pelt 'em with pork rinds.

If there were any magic alternative . . . Here's what I ain't gonna do: I am not going to have half a grapefruit and a cup of black coffee for breakfast. I am not going to eat my meals with a fork in one hand and a calculator in the other to count calories. I am not going to drink a can of chemicals and pretend this magic shake is food. I am NOT going to eat breakfast.

Here's a true story, based on my impeccable scientific research --

Millions of years ago, two proto-humans awoke to the dawn of a beautiful day. Bird song greeted the dawn. The air was crystal clear.

Then Uggh handed Ooog a bowl of Froot Loops.

"What's this ?" Ooog asked, and Uggh said, "Breakfast. It is the most impotant meal of the day."

"Oh, yeah? Who says?"

Uggh pushed the bowl forward. "Great Big Giant General Foods, that's who. And they finance all the nutritional studies, so when they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, they out'ta know. When we evolve enough to invent a government, even the government will agree with GBGGF."

Ooog smackded Uggh upside the head with his club. This delayed any further progress in human evolution for one million years.

I don't care. I agree with Ooog, and I say, tha' hell with all of it.
Sponsored Links