View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 11:55

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 133/129/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 22%

I can TOTALLY relate to your frustration. I was in the same place where you're at right now. After what seemed like a long stall - almost a month - I was ready to call this total nonsense and start doing low-fat or something. But I spent a long morning reading through this site and really examining my goals. I decided to stick with it, cut out the daily Atkins bar I was eating, and cut out most of the cheese. I made sure I ate enough carbs (the two cups of green salad and one cup of broccoli) and I made sure I ate enough fat. I went to fitday.com to examine my food ratios. And guess what...I lost four more lbs within about two weeks after being stalled for so long. Stick with it! It really does work. But you have to follow the program. Don't make up your own rules. I mean, there's a good reason why you have to eat your salad. And exercise. And drink your water. And eat the fat.

Are you exercising? Muscle weighs much more than fat. I was really discouraged during my stall, then I read about that muscle/fat thing and remembered that I started walking and doing pilates regularly as soon as I started Atkins. I work out 4 or 5 days a week. I used to NOT work out at all! So obviously I was building muscle. And muscle weighs more than fat. Etc.

Also, don't focus on the scale. It doesn't tell you the real situation. Take your measurements. How do you feel in your clothes? Honestly, I resisted this way of looking at my progress, until I saw and felt the difference in myself. Now I don't care if I make it to my stated goal of 110. I'll be happy with fit and trim, at whatever weight.

Stick with it. Read this site. Read the book again. You can achieve your goal!

Let's stay in touch. We're all here to help each other.

Isa