View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 11:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/135/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 76%

Addie...

Three weeks is WAY too soon to give up! Atkins is not a quick fix. You lose pretty quick in the very beginning but you can't expect to keep up that kind of momentum. It wouldn't be good for you even if you did! Your body needs time to adjust so every time you lose a few pounds, it may take a little break. I'm beginning week 5 and here's how it's gone for me:

Week 1 - 6 lbs
Week 2 - 1 lb
Week 3 - 3 lbs
Week 4 - up 3 lbs

So...I've lost a total of 7 lbs so far and an inch and a half in my waist. I've been working out 4 times a week for the past two weeks so I believe I'm building some muscle.

It's fine to stay at induction levels for longer than the first two weeks if you feel like you need to...but you DEFINATELY need to get your 2-3 cups of veggies in every day. That's not optional on induction. If you're not eating veggies, where are your 20 carbs coming from? How many calories are you consuming? Are you eating ENOUGH? (I know...not a normal question for any other diet!)

Please don't give up yet. You're probably just starting to feel better after the detox of the first couple of weeks. Give it more time. It'll work. YOU CAN DO IT!

Tricia