#202   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 10:07
Carol CA

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hi, Dee...
I just turned 55... ugh... in February. I feel SURE I've been menopausing for some time now. I was thinking that trying one of those home test kits might be good for me since I don't have health insurance right now.... and have an aversion to doctors anyway. Previous to LCing for over a year now, I was a mess... suffering with anxiety attacks on and off since 1990... and they'd been especially bad since 1995 or so. After I started LC'ing, though, they've virtually gone away. I had one last Fall when visiting my mom. Well... that's no surprise! She could make a corpse anxious.

Previous to low carbing, I was severely depressed. I wasn't under doctor's care and hadn't been diagnosed, but I know the difference between just being sad and depression. I was depressed... 24/7. Again... after low carbing, that has gone away entirely. Am I glad? You bet!

As to why I'm not sure if I'm menopausing or not... I had a hysterectomy in 1987. I was apparently born with only one ovary... and the doctor left that... but took my fibroid uterus. So I have been functioning normally all these years... just no periods to gauge my cycle. Because of this, I really don't know when my periods would have ended naturally. Am I making myself clear? I just woke up... and this is my first post of the day. I may come back and read this later and wonder what my point was!

I've been by to visit your site. Excellent!