View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-18-13, 10:29

Plan: Basic LCHF
Stats: 250/180/180 Male 68 inches
BF:38%/14%/14%
Progress: 100%

We get in trouble with others when we try to convince them that our way is "the right way." Which implicitly means to others that what they are doing is wrong, and people don't like to be told they are wrong.

Tobbes said it best, that as soon as you mention carbohydrate, people go "atkins" "quack" "you'll die" in their heads without even the tiniest shred of evidence supporting the conclusion.

I just stick to telling people I (try to) avoid sugar and flour and prefer lots of vegetables, whole natural fruit, olive oil, nuts and fish. There are no doctors I am aware of that will tell you "eat more sugar". And we all here know that the difference between flour and sugar is about a nanosecond in our digestive system, so flour's gotta go too. tada LCHF.

nb...If they go on about "whole grains"... I'll add, "excellent! are we having wheatberries tonight, or are you pretending that that abomination in a bag of powder is a whole grain". Trust me, there aren't any but crazed vegans that want anything to do with wheatberries.