View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 20:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/180/155 Female 5'4"
BF:57.2%/45%/25%
Progress: 58%

Hi Karen & T Chapman:

Thought I would address this post to the both of you. This is what I know from lc'ng.

What we tend to find is that on average you'll lose about 10% (of the weight you need to lose) in the first 2 weeks, followed by 5 to 10% per month after that.

Yes, I know, you'd like to lose more quickly, but remember this is a permanent way of eating, so the weight will stay off.

Commonly, we have a big loss to begin with (19% IS a big loss!) followed by a slump. Some even gain a pound or two at this point. Again, it seems disheartening, but what is happening is that after the body has the initial loss, it "worries" that you might be starving it and so hangs onto as much fluid as it can for a bit. (Technically, it's all about fluids oin fat cells rather than the body worrying. )

But the good part is that if you carry on with your eating plan, before too long you'll have a visit from the Whoosh Fairy.

http://www.jalilahsahar.com/whooshes.html

I am just finishing 9 weeks of lc'ng and I have lost a total of 16 pounds. And, I haven't lost anything since Feb. 20th. You are considered in a stall if you are 6 weeks without a loss of weight or inches. So just enjoy the diet and all the good things you can eat....you're not gaining are you? Keep up the good work and remember this is a FAT LOSS WOE (way of eating) not a WEIGHT LOSS WOE. This is unlike any other plan you've been on and it is definitely not a fast weight plan for most people.

Make sure you both measure yourselves so you can compare in a few weeks and see the loss of inches. That will keep you happy while you wait for that WATER to leave you.

Good luck to you both

Rose