View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 19:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/200/160
BF:Don't Know
Progress: 0%
Lightbulb Tanning

Actually, tanning does help because it is full spectrum lighting which is the lighting light boxes use. Light boxes are pretty expensive but you can make them yourself. Get a fixture that holds fluroscent lights. Purchase the same size full spectrum tube lights as the fluroscent lights you would have placed in the fluroscent fixture. Plug it in and WOW you have a light box. Sit under or next to the lights 15 minutes each day.

From the beginning of October through April, the days are not as long as the summer months. If you use a light box during these months, you won't get SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) which is caused from lack of full spectrum lighting (the kind of light the Sun gives off)

Using a light box, or tanning decreases you appitite the same as the summer months does. It also gives you more energy and less weight gain. It should also curb your appetite for complex carbs.

When we don't recieve the full spectrum light our desire for complex carbohydrates increases. It seems we have a tendency to hibernate, just as bears do. We put on that layer of fat to protect ourselves while we sleep.

Wintertime can be hard on the very best of us, even if someone is on antidepressants.

I bet if you try tanning or a light box you will find it does help. You can get full spectrum lights if you surf the web. They really aren't as expensive as getting a light box that can run up to $300.00 (U.S. dollars).

I was lucky, a health food/medical store was going out of business and I purchased mine for $80.00. So that proves they really aren't that expensive.