View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 00:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/219/145
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hi Crafty and welcome...I live in Texas too, near Austin

As for your specific questions...I've seen a lot of people here say that the Atkins shakes and bars really slowed them down. Cream in your coffee is not a problem. As for the nuts, I'd have to check the book. It's really important when doing induction to stick with the lists in the book.

It's so hard to keep track of all the calories, fats, carbs, protein etc etc that you eat. You might like to take a look at a website called fitday.com
It's a very useful tool where you can enter all your food and it automatically computes all the nutrition for you. Basic quidelines that I have learned here are...eat about 10 times your weight in calories 200 pounds = 2000 calories. Try to aim for 65% fat, 30% protein and 5% carbohydrates. If you'd like to see what fitday is like, just click on the link below my name. What I eat isn't very interesting, but you can see a sample of the kind of information fitday provides.

The most inportant thing to keep in mind is that Atkins in NOT a quick weight loss program although many people do lose several pounds in that first two week induction period. This is an eating plan for life. It looks like you and I are trying to lose about the same amount. I am figuring it will take at least a year. I hope the weight comes off, but the most critical thing is to enjoy my meals and be healthier and more energetic.

Wow...I sure didn't expect to write so much but, believe me, everyone here wants you to succeed and we will all help as much as we can.

WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Sue