#10   ^
Old Sat, Mar-08-03, 10:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/196/175 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Oh, for a smoothie . . .

Hi all,

Have never tried an Atkins shake, candy bar (or super nutrition bar, whatever you call 'em) or anything like that.

But, unlike Frederick, before I started Atkins I used to love home made smoothies.

Here was my idea of a good and very quick LOW FAT breakfast: Toss a bannana or some strawberries, a dollup of NON-FAT yogurt, a heaping spoonful of protein powder (the kind loaded with vitamins, minerals and all the amino acids) and some orange juice into a blender. Buzz. Drink. Out the door with a LOW FAT breakfast under my belt. (And threatening to sag way over my belt.)

Some days I mentally toy with the idea of trying to duplicate it like this: Some strawberries, a dollup of real full-fat yogurt, the protein powder and a can of Diet-Rite red raspberry. Wonder, would this be drinkable? It sure wouldn't conribute much to the fats Atkins requires. Maybe add some heavy cream?

Technically, I'm past induction, being in the fourth week, but I have never strayed more than a few carbs beyond. And all this week my scale has flat-lined and sneers at me, so I'm walking tippy-toe to be very careful.

But I sure would like a smoothie for breakfast.