View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 20:05

Plan: The Metabolic Diet
Stats: 155/149/125 Female 5'7
BF:25/22/16
Progress: 20%

I buy stevia at NOahs health food store. There are a few of them in Toronto. (BAthurst andsteeles, Spadina and bloor, yonge and eglinton) You can buy it in liquid form or in packets. I prefer the packets. Its a little more expensive than splenda, but u really use it sparingly.

As for its safety.. even though its not approved in the UK, there are alot of things that are on the market that we don't know are safe in the long run ie: aspartame, margarine, fat burners. So Stevia being a natural plant derived product shouldn't be such a threat when soo many really proven things that do harm already exist in the food that is sold nation wide.

The problem with Splenda is that is made from SUGAR. I wantt o stay far away from anyhting even remotely close to sugar.

As for the PAleo diet, I've heard of it but I"m not to sure if I have enough patience for it. It sounds too restricted and I am happy with atkins so far) I'll have to see how I do on atkins in the next few months. Be casue I am determined to give atkins at least 2 months time to see how I fare.

Piera