View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Dec-31-12, 17:10

Plan: Keto/ProperHumanDiet
Stats: 154.0/120.0/120.0 Female  5'4"
BF:==%
Progress: 100%
Default Good workout....

After much contemplation about how to go about getting my workout in today and after almost putting on my thermals and layering myself all up I opted to get on the treadmill and put on a good movie instead of venturing outside to jog on top of the snow and ice..it's very bright and pretty outside today but just so cold...Got a good walk/jog in on the TM and then rolled right into my T-Tapp workout....Perfect workout for me...also got some good stretching in....With my arthritis and this horribly cold weather we're having I've come to terms with having more realistic workout goals for myself...no more unrealistic goals with my running...it's just a feel good thing for me and a way to get the endorphins going, keep any SAD away not only this winter but any time of the year...and maintain my weight. Once I get my body moving I just feel so good mentally and emotionally and knowing that will happen is a motivator for me...I put my 30,000 lux wonderful 'Alaska Northern Lights' Sunbox two feet from the treadmill and just let it wash over me today while I worked out...Buying my 'sun' 10 years ago was one of the best investments I've ever made. I really want to be consistent with my exercising...now that the holidays are almost over it's a time to renew my resolve....it all works together, food plan, exercise, meditation and spiritual growth....I'm totally happy with my new Asic running shoes that were my xmas present...got them the day after xmas at Scheel's at a nicely marked down price and I love getting a bargain....I have a wide foot and I want a good comfy shoe with lots of toe room and a good tread cuz I run on dirt when I'm outside but I don't like to spend a fortune on shoes tho I want a good quality shoe. I usually have them for a couple of years. Couldn't be happier with the choice this time...my worn out shoes are Asics too and I think I'll stick with the Asic brand....I said I wasn't going to plan on doing any Fun Runs in 2013 but I've changed my mind and am going to set a goal for next October for our local marathon to do the 10K run again...I should be able to manage a 6.2 mi. run comfortably by that time....I like having a goal. Here's to being consistent and getting my workout in tomorrow...