Cat Sofa

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 1/1/51 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

MAC Artist --

Since you said this,

Quote:
I want to do atkins not jsut to lose some weight but also to get myself off of processed foods in general. And not just processed carbs. Iwant to try to eat foods that are in their most natural state. So I"M completely avoiding most cheeses, deli meats, hotdogs, and other processed meats. They really are full of alot of garbage our systems could do without. I bet that I'll feel better once I do this.

I wonder, have you read any of the paleo-diet books or looked at the Paleo boards here? Eating only foods in their most natural state - what you could theoretically hunt or gather and digest raw, if you had to - is what those diets are about. They're a little different from your basic LC, in that you can't have dairy (cave people weren't herders), or coffee (the beans need processing), or artificial sweeteners (obvious reasons there) -- but you can have a certain amount of fruit in season. I certainly don't want to mess you up if you're happy where you are, but in view of what you want to do with your diet, you might want to check them out. There might be some interesting information.

--Ruth

PS - I don't think I could do it. Way too much of a happy coffee addict!

PPS - The Paleo-diets don't require you to eat all of your food raw - cooking is fine. But you'd have to be able to eat it raw, in theory, if you had to. (So eggs and meat work, but potatoes don't because they'd make you sick if you ate them raw in any quantity.)