View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 11:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Kenny, sorry to hear about the broken bone in your foot. That has to suck...

Truthfully, I lost the first 75 of my 122 pounds without an exercise program. I don't advocate that though, as the Atkins plan definately calls for exercise.

I added walking to my regimine and it's been great. I do walk in the dark (and cold) of evening, after dinner. Ideally though, you should try to do your walking first thing in the morning, on an empty stomach (other than a small glass of water) as you'll burn the most fat. If that's not an option for you, you might consider a treadmill (once you're healed) or a basic routine of exercises that you can do at home with a comfortable exercise mat. I like leg lifts a lot...and you could do some lifting with dumbbells while seated (off you sore foot) too.

Basically, you can start with a modest routine, but the key is to stick with it. Don't desgin a program that you won't keep up with or you're likely to feel defeated. Consistency is key and then build on that. You'll definatley find yourself pushing further and further as you see and feel the results. Then by the time your foot is healed, you can add in the walking that is so good for your heart and fat burning.

P.S. I was a bit heavier than you when I started, so I think you can do this...

Good luck, K!

Donald