View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 09:47

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 181/157/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default Hi gals...

I'm going to jump in here even though I'm not following MM, or really any particular plan. I looked for his book at the library last night, but nothing. I did get S. Somers Get Skinny, will read that. I also got The False Fat Diet. Someone mentioned somewhere here on this forum so I picked it up. Actually, it may help me more than any other. It's about food intolerances, which I have suspected for some time is a problem for me. Wheat, for sure, dairy? maybe. I started the elimination phase today, will not eat any grains or dairy for a week.

I also check my blood sugar, I know I have a problem with that. I had 4 small canned apricot halves this am, 1/2 hr before some tuna, no jump in blood sugar. I was surprised, thought because they were canned I would have a problem. I don't normally eat canned anything, but I'm cleaning out the pantry.

Koko, I know exactly what you mean about being hungry on mostly protein and fat. I had that problem, too. Couldn't figure out what was going on until I read The Metabolic Type Diet. According to him, I am a 'mixed' type and need more carbs than I was eating. If I eat about 15 g of starchy-type carbs with a meal, that hunger goes away. Problem is, I think I have intolerances to all grains, which wipes out the starchy carbs! I wouldn't feel hungry anymore, but I would get congested. Well, I'll try fruit now and see how that does. More green veggies doesn't do it.

This sure is a long, drawn out process. Sometimes I just get so tired of trying to figure out how to get healthy! I don't really even care about the weight anymore, I just want to feel WELL. You know what I mean??

Oh, well, blabbed enough...have a great day everyone.

Amy