View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 07:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/195/190
BF:??%/15.9%/<10%
Progress: 89%
Default Lynda

You have brought up a very valid point. What you are doing is a subtle yet very effective lifestyle change. Not only are you aware of your daily calorie burning but you are boosting your activity levels throughout the whole day. You have quite an impressive "program" without the program.

If I could add one thing it would be some sort of passive weight training. Just repeat some regular activity a number of times every time you do it. Eg. a gallon of milk weighs eight lbs. if you are puttnig the milk away how about doing some curls for a min.

Taking out the trash? Do some curls on the way out to the trash can.

I'm sure there must be a thousand ways to do little weight training exercises throughout the day depending on your routine.

The reason I suggest this is because the more muscle you build the more calories you will burn. The added muscle will eat up more fat. I have added weight training at the gym for the first time in my life and the results are great. So if you can put something heavy in your breifcase and lift it up and down on your long walk across the parking lot I'm sure it will help.