View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 17:06
Registered Member

Plan: Cruisin' into Maintenance
Stats: 230/190/190 Male 74 in.
BF:??/18/??
Progress: 100%

Splenda is my artifical sweetner of choice, but even here in the states it's not that widely available. I heard bad things about Aspartame which made me switch from diet sodas to regular, (I'd rather loose me teef than me brain ) which in turn is probably the reason I put on so much weight The Splenda doesn't seem to give me the sugar cravings I thought it would. I did hear about a great recipe using splenda, really simple too

whipped cream, Splenda and vanilla (or butterscotch,chocolate, whatever) flavouring. Mix together....Voila!

There are some diet sodas that use Splenda so I drink them occasionally, soda's are no substitute for water though, so I make sure I get plenty of the tasteless stuff.

Also there are those sugar alcohols, Malitol seems to be the most common (not sure if it would be called the same in Blighty), and though from what I've read they're perfectly safe. They can cause stalls and the 'thre'penny bits' I've not had that problem, though they can stall me if I'm not careful.

Cheers,

Duncan