View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 16:26

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi again, Blatla.

Forgive, I made a mistake and didn't articulate my sentences as clearly as I should have. Not 2.5 lbs/week (I wish!), but more precisely, the 2.5 - 3 weeks after Induction, I've continued to lose about 2.5 lbs in that time frame.

For me, it was quite rudimentary. I just added more veggies (anyone who is privy to eccentric views towards veggies will realize how great an effort that was for me) which didn't really bring my carbs up that high since there isn't any way I can muster enough will to eat that much more of them. Post-Induction, I really had a propensity to add more fruits. Yes, I know veggies are better on the sugar issue, the insulin issue, and lots of other issues; but, fruits do taste so much better than veggies--in my view, naturally. So, I added a serving of strawberries and about 1/4 canteloupe each day, along with an 8 ounce glass of low sodium V8.

Those are basically the types of foods I've added; along with various nuts and cream cheeses. I feel much better having added some fruits to balance out the veggies. I sort of play a juvenile game with myself. I think of eating veggies as paying a price to eat some fruits.

That has worked for me. Now, whether or not it will continue to work, I'm not sure. The further I'm along and as I continue to get closer towards my target weight, I might add a little more fruits. What I eat now I'm pretty happy with and the only thing I really wish to add now is more fruit variety. I'm all set on the veggies!

Good luck!