#1   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 14:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 303/272/151
BF:
Progress: 20%
Unhappy Yeast Issues?

I was just wondering if anyone else is having yeast problems? I began having symptoms in early December (pre-Atkins). I am not talking about the typical vaginal yeast infections although that was my first symptom (minus discharge). I have had spots appear all over my body. I feel like I was "Taken" to an alien ship and examined and have their finger marks all over me. I get itchy and if I scratch, even mildly, I end up with a spot. I have been on Diflucan 3 different times and Sporanox 200 mg for 7 days and the beast is coming back yet again. I respond to the meds, but it keeps returning. I am in the process of doing a special collection to send off to a lab for analysis of what my gut is doing. I will be done tomorrow. I can't take any meds for yeast or my gut during this time. Whoopee!

Anyway, Dr. Atkins mentions Yeast in his book and I thought I would post and see just how common this is for Atkins people. It is my belief that my yeast issues likely go back 40 years, but this is the first time that I am behaving in a very active way with it. I have just had many other gut related issues over the years. It is also my belief that the reason why this surfaced (quite literally) now is because of the stress of a unpleasant situation with my sister began last July. I have always been one to stuff my feelings and am now paying the price. The gut rebelled.

Anyway, I will be anxious for results from my test so that I can treat this with the proper medication and supplements. This is certainly messing with my head as far as I am frustrated with it and the itching that accompanies it.
Sponsored Links