Thread: Yeast problems
View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 09:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/159/130
BF:
Progress: 43%

I'm so glad you brought this up because I suffer from yeast infection every month before TOM, sometimes really bad! In DANDR, he says the major contributor of the overgrowth of yeast are any form of sugar, starches, vinegar, mushroom, and any type of fermented food (I guess he means stuff like krauts, kimchee, pimientos, etc?). Over abundance of yeast in your system can slow your weight loss too. He mentions that yeast can be treated with all forms of free oxygen like ozone, hydrogen peroxide, chlorine dioxide, and garlic as well. Since I don't know where I'm going to get the first 3, I'm going to start eating garlic with every meal! He warns that when yeast dies, it creates a reaction that can make you feel really bad for a few days. He also recommends using psyllium and bentonite because people with yeast problems often suffer from constipation too, and taking these things can help improve your bowel condition. He also says that yeast infection coexists with food intolerance 75% of the time, so it's probably good to monitor your food and its effects to find out if you're intolerant of certain foods. Some of the most common foods are grains (corn, wheat, rye, oats), soy, mik, cheese, brewers and bakers yeast, potato, tomato, eggplants, paprika, tobacco, shellfish, beef, chicken, onions, mushrooms, pepper, other spices, artificial sweeteners, caffeine, and eggs (gawd!). He says that most people become addicted to foods that they are intolerant to! When we quit eating these foods, our bodies will react with a withdrawal symptoms that makes us feel even worse for a few days. That's a tough one for me, because I eat a lot of beef, chicken, onions, mushrooms, spices, diet rites, tomatos, eggplants, vinegar, and eggs!