View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Mar-06-03, 09:43

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%
Default I don't know...

I took the test and according to that I probably do. But I find that so many of these tests have all the same symptoms.

Half of the symptoms of the test are symptoms of fibro. And the other half are symptoms of allergies.

I have never in my life had a yeast infection of any kind. Haven't taken antibiotics for at least five years.

I have thought for some time that the connection may be hormones. Every problem I have affects women much more than men. I have always had SAD, but it was manageable until about a few years ago. I never had the pain problems until the same time I started noticing more PMS and basically signs of peri-menopause. Which of course, affects different women at different ages.

I have often wondered if going on HRT would stop some of these symptoms. Of course Dr. Lee recommends doing it naturally. I really don't know. Although I will say that when I did a low-fat vegetarian diet a few years ago, a lot of my SAD symptoms and PMS symptoms disappeared. I felt awful (stomach and pain) and looked awful (skin), but my moods were much better and my time of month became more like it was when I was a kid. (I have often wondered since if the problems were caused by my increase intake of bread products and milk products during that time. ) Whereas when I low carb, my skin looks better, my tummy feels better and the pain is better, but my SAD gets worse and so does my PMS and other hormonal symptoms.

Ho..hum!