View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-12, 08:04
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

I chose this way of eating because I knew that in the long run it'd work for me. I knew that I had to learn how to control my carb intake....I had been out of control!

For all those good reasons you wrote. I never wanted to be a morbidly obese woman again.

When I started out I knew that I had in the past, just like you, lost motivation midway. Got cocky....and let go. Not this time though and its now been ore than 8 yrs later.
I made myself a promise that I kept 100% as I lost my weight: to log my food in public daily in my journal here. It was tool that I learned when I went to FAA and OA and had a sponsor that I had to tell what I ate each day to keep my abstinence. That act made me accountable and I needed that. I used my journal here as that sponsor.

Once I broke into Onederland, it became very alluring to relax and put my feet up, so to speak. I had already lost almost 100 lbs....can't I just relax now? NO! I could not! I had to push through! I had to keep my promise to myself as I knew that doing that alone would be key for me. It was.