View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 14:43

Plan: Hybrid
Stats: 122/118/114
BF:28
Progress: 50%

Jess,

Thank you for detailed explanations on your candida/supplement experience. No, you were not confusing at all. Sorry you are on antibiotics again. I was on antibiotics last August (I should have supplemented with probiotics, etc while on it, but since it had been so long since I had problems with candida, I never even thought about it) and I haven't been the same person since although the symptoms are much milder now (I was running a mild fever for the 1st couple of months that I just couldn't shake, along with dizzy feeling especially if I ate something starchy. I used Primal Defense and then Threelac.) I can tell that mine is cyclical in nature (tend to have more problems when progesterone is high in the luteal phase, which makes sense since progesterone will definitely suppress immune system and increases insulin resistance) so I don't take candida specific supplements every day, but I am keeping the critters at bay with Threelac when needed, and of course, diet.

I did buy Yeast Cleanse a while back after I read your post. I haven't used it much but have it for later use (once Threelac runs out).

Thanks for your post,

tmo