View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 13:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/201/197 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default Psyllium Husk powder

Lots of diets recommend fiber for weight loss. One of the top reasons is because fiber cleans the pipes and helps get rid of waste residue. It can also help reduce mild hemmorhoids and reduce the risk of colon cancer.

With that aside, I recommend purchasing a batch and taking one scoop each and every day.

I take one scoop as soon as I walk in the door when I get home, before dinner is ready. It gives me a full feeling for a few hours, and helps me control my dinner time appetite.

In fact, because of the psyllium husks, I have finally been able to break out of my gorging for dinner habit that I've had for over two years now. No breakfast, moderate lunch, then come home and devour everything in site. A bad habit to have.

Anyhow, another Atkins dieter I know is also taking the husks, and we've both noticed more well-balanced weight loss. I am consistently losing a pound every 3 days. It's great!

First off, the stuff can be nasty. I use Crystal Light, Orange flavor to help get it down. I make up a pitcher of the drink and only use it for my psyllium husks dosage and that's it. If you are worried about aspartame in small quantities, feel free to buy coolade and add in your own Splenda. Regardless, I recommend a beverage that has flavor to get it down without problems.

Finally, if you have a big weigh in day, like once a week, your journal day, I recommend taking two doses, one the morning the day before your weighin and another earlier that evening. That way your body is purged a bit and you'll see more positive results. Specifically, the body can maintain 2, 3, 5, even 8-10 lbs of water and waste, and with some water cutback in the early evening the night before weigh-in, will help you get a clean, flushed out body weight measurement.

Tom C
Sponsored Links