View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 11:35

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%
Default Yeast Cleanse

Hi! I just didn't notice a huge difference while taking the yeast cleanse, I think it is a milder "yeast killer", but that could be a good thing. I am sure it is better to do it gradually. I chose not too, because I wanted to get it over with. Looking back, I might have spared myself the pain!

The reason why I switched from the Yeast Cleanse to the Candistroy, was because I read that you shouldn't take the same anti-fungals for too long, because the yeast gets immune. So I originally got the Candistroy to have an alternate. I felt like I was having better luck with the Candistroy, stronger die-off, so I stuck with it. I plan on finishing the Candistroy, and am planning to start altering it with the Yeast Cleanse again. I am on antibiotics right now, so I do not want those little jerks to get a foothold again.

I also picked up a bottle of olive leaf extract. It is supposed to be a strong anti-fungal, as well. And it was relatively inexpensive compared to the others.

In comparing the two brands, Yeast Cleanse contains mostly Caprylic Acid, Pau D' Arco, and Grapefruit Seed Extract. It has a few other ingredients, can't remember them all. The Candistroy contains Goldenseal, Oregon Grape root, and Barberry extract, which from what I have read are all considered berberines, and are strong anti-fungals. I had read that Caprylic Acid is a good one to take, but it is not as strong as the berberines.

Hope this was helpful instead of confusing. There are alot of products out there, but from what I have read, the above mentioned ingredients are consistently mentioned as supplements that will kill candida. I noticed that the die off was getting weaker, so I am assuming I am making some headway. My sugar cravings are gone, and the itching is gone. But like I said, I am on antibiotics, so I am assuming the war is still on.

-Jess