View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 12:09

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

I'm sorry you're feeling so low. It must be frustrating to feel out of control. I bet you've been trying hard and it's not your FAULT that you can't stick to it. It might not be the right plan for you.

I'm definitely not an expert on this, but have you considered trying the Carbohydrate's Addict Diet? It's a lot like Atkins for two meals of the day, but in your "reward meal" you're allowed a moderate amount of carbs, including dessert, as long as it's balanced and starts with a salad. I'm simplifying, of course, but if you can't curb cravings (psychological and physical) and want to get control of your hypoglycemia, it may be a good path for you.

I'm not in favor of Weight Watchers because I think it's more of a weight loss diet that you won't stick to for maintenance. People on CAD seem to have no problems sticking with it for life, plus they can have a slice of cake after a dinner of salad, meat, veggies, and rice.

Just a thought. I hope you get some great suggestions and find something that works for YOU.