#5   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 00:01

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 298/265/145
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default Great Info, KJ!

Great Info, KJ!

I've never had anybody explain it that way - I'm gonna have to come back & re-read this one a few times to totally "get it", even so. (s--l--o--w b-r-a-i-n uptake ?)

Almost missed your comment/connection on another post, so Thank you for this thread. I think I have many, many, many of these knotted spots.

My pain, on my own personal scale of 1 -10 (10 worse), freqently runs about 7 to 9, and doesn't drop below a 6. That's without factoring in the cramps, which are cyclical and always WAY aggravated by physical exertion. It's hard to balance/determine what amount of movement is OK & what's not. (I hate begin unable to predict, can you tell?)

Massage therapy might work, if I could find the right practioner & the funds to cover it. As it is, I do a lot of self-healing work - partly for budget reasons. I did get a start of some body loosening when I had a series of chiropractic sessions last year.

However - I think our body (soul/mind - all connected) has to be receptive and ready for the modality we choose. I have had at least 2 occasions (several years back) when massage did NOT work for me - in that too much toxicity was released at once. That old "hit by a Mack trouble" feeling tripled, and it took weeks to recover. The therapist I'm remembering was shocked at how every inch of my face hurt, and was trying to loosen/change just that one area.

I have even had this excess toxicity release happen with constitutional homeopathy - so you can see why, for me, a cautious approach is indicated.

There are loads of massage therapists in my area - maybe I can find one who'll honor my cautious approach & who might be open to barter. I'd be very grateful if that could happen!

Sending you every good healing wish as you create your wellness~