Thread: Gallstones
View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 18:51

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%

Hi, Linnea, sorry you have to go through this! I had a huge gallstone, only one, but I remember the pain. I got mine from being pregnant, apparently when your insides get all squished, gall stones can happen!

I had laproscopic surgery, and it was a piece of cake! No problems during or after. The surgeon did say that my gallbladder was barely functioning, and I had alot of scar tissue, so I must have had the problem for awhile. I hadn't ever lost weight prior to that, I used to be thin. So losing weight didn't cause my gallbladder trouble. Wonder what did...

Anyway, expect the incisions to be sore for a few days. Motrin helps alot. You will have some pain on the inside as well, but again, Motrin or whatever pain meds they give you will work great. I came home the same day. Hope you do to, being in the hospital is no fun, and the food could make you cry. I can't say much for the wardrobe there, either.

Good luck, and let us know how you do! They might even let you bring your gallbladder home in a jar, I did. It looks great on my mantle, I call it Stanley.

-Jess

ps

just kidding about the Stanley thing! They did tell me I could have it, I thought they were nuts!