Old Wed, May-30-12, 19:41
Glutton for Grease!

Plan: Primal-VLC
Stats: 295/190/190 Male 76
BF:don't/really/care
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
And everyone in the world is exactly like you! That makes it so simple.

The diet they recommend for kids is VERY restrictive and not very palatable. I think they're also calorie restricted. The level of ketosis they go after is much higher than what a typical LC dieter achieves. They emphasize a drinking a LOT of cream. This sort of thing is VERY foreign to someone that hasn't been indoctrinated into LC like we have been.

http://www.diet.com/g/ketogenic-diets

Breakfast: egg with bacon, made with heavy whipping cream and butter, plus an apple
Snack: peanut butter mixed with butter
Lunch: tuna salad made with celery, mayonnaise, and heavy whipping cream, served with lettuce
Snack: keto yogurt (made with heavy whipping cream, sour cream, strawberries, and artificial sweetener)
Dinner: cheeseburger with lettuce and green beans
Snack: keto custard (heavy whipping cream, egg, and pure unsweetened vanilla flavoring)

I remember reading somewhere that the protein level in the keto diet for epilepsy is very tightly regulated to avoid protein being converted into sugar, so I find it interesting that apples are on the menu, something so high in sugar! I wonder if there is some purpose for the sugar at breakfast?