#3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 13:23

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default My 2-Cents

Hi and Good Morning

I have never watched any reality TV show - I believe it shows the "worst" side of human beings which can be very negative - I don't believe reality TV is the "norm" rather it is like "shock" advertising - they show the worst so they can keep their viewers by "shocking" them. However my two young adult daughters watch some of these types of programs.

I too went onto a BMI website that took into account my age as well as my height and present weight. It gave me a range from 169 lbs. - 137 lbs. I am 55, 5 ft. 9 in. and there isn't any way I will ever be 137 lbs. again but I thought 150 lbs. would be a good and achievable weight for my height and age. I was on a low-fat diet for about the last 10 years, was very unhappy with the (no) weight loss and (no) taste food, not to mention the cravings. I find TSP easy to follow and maintain and I have lost weight - it might be easier to rid myself of the last 5 lbs. if the "guys" I work with stopped bringing in treats! (Of course, I could always resist them but sometimes life is too short to do without a bit of chocolate).