View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, May-05-12, 12:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/160/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I used to call chocolate chip cookies "my heroin" because I never ate just 1, and they called to me from the freezer. Then when I gave up wheat, chocolate chips by the handful and vanilla ice cream filled the sugar gap. Looking back, it's been a very gradual progress for me to eat LCHF. When I was a kid I would drink sugar water after school, steal money from my parents to buy candy, and positively gorge myself if there was every a candy jar or dish of mints available. There is a history of alcoholism and drug addiction in my family, not to mention obesity. I do think these things go together. Here are my rules now (just coming off a slippery slope back down to handfuls of chocolate chips) I cannot have chocolate (even the 85% variety), but cocoa is OK. Too much artificial sweetener just makes me feel lousy, especially if it doesn't come along with a load of fat. In general, eating enough fat and staying really LC (induction veggies, occasional slice of strawberry, and minimal carbs from cream and cheese) keeps my sugar cravings at bay to a good degree, it's when I let the carbs creep up that all those old cravings come back and next thing I know I'm stuffing cookie dough and fresh cookies into my mouth and feeling horrible (both emotionally and physically). Not worth it!