View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-26-12, 05:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

I eat a really wide variety of foods, but particularly emphasise low-carb veggies.

Presently, I am having an egg salad for breakfast, which I love - I'm trying to include plenty of leaves and varied colours in particular.

e.g. : boiled egg, lettuce/greens, celery, purple broccoli, spring onion, yellow and red pepper, red cabbage, olive oil

For lunch, I have two light courses, to get in more veggies.
A veggie soup, e.g. made with leeks, blue cheese plus celery or mushrooms.
Then usually something light like fish or pate with salad or veggies, e.g. buttered kippers, smoked trout salad, king prawns with mayo & salad, prawn cocktail, smoked mackerel pate with tomatoes, liver pate (home-made), tinned fish - e.g. sardines fried with garlic, herbs, tomato and olive oil.. etc. or something veggie-based, like stir-fried veggies with egg, cabbage noodles with cheese and bacon or cauliflower salad with bacon, egg and mustard mayo, etc.

At dinner, I have a heavier meal, such as curries (Demi's prawn balti is delicious), stews, spiced indian lamb, smoked salmon with veggies, roast chicken, burgers with fried onions & veggies ,etc., and so on..

I also have a supper, like more veggie soup, or a tasty stir-fry of leaves and bean sprouts.. Sometimes rhubarb cooked with stevia.

I have supper because I am trying to increase my nutritious vegetable intake for my health, and adding supper is just another way of incorporating them without shooting too far up at mealtimes - I have trigger-happy blood sugar, so I do have to be careful to keep my carbs at meals under control.

I always have water beside me to drink. I have a cup of green tea at breakfast. I avoid coffee and anything sweet.

Making a vast pot of soup is so easy and it lasts for days. Mushroom soup only takes us about 10 minutes to make. When we make curries and stews, we make enough for 2-3 meals. We make our own pates, so we know what's in them: the liver pate has onions and mushrooms, so I get some extra veggies in there, and we make enough to freeze a few batches, so it lasts for several weeks.

I don't eat processed stuff, I don't eat sweet stuff and I concentrate on trying to find better and more delicious ways of incorporating healthy foods into my diet. I occasionally go off-plan, but it is very occasional, and even then, I only do so with an eye to the carbs and overall calories, so if I have gone off-plan, I tend to be in a position to use up the extra carbs with more activity, and I compensate later by going close to zero carb to use up any excess quickly. The diet keeps getting better and more enjoyable. It really is a lifestyle choice for me - I want to be healthier, and I want my body to work properly and see me into a healthier old age.