#184   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 17:06
Lowcarb since 7/2002

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 360/232/180 Female 5'9"
BF:BMI 53.2/34.3/?
Progress: 71%

Hi folks,

I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I've been missing all the interaction on this forum, but I'm swamped with work and house guests. Things should start to clear up in about a week or ten days and I'll return to posting more regularly.

I just read through a bunch of posts about cheats. I've been having trouble avoiding the little ones lately with five extra people staying in my house this week (making nine total including my husband, son, and daughter). I find myself saying -- I'll just take one taste of that. I am pretty good about stopping with one taste, but I know that one taste can be enough to throw me out of ketosis and stop my weight loss cold. The thing about this way of eating is that we can eat as much as we want but if we eat the wrong thing then everything starts to fall apart. I have taken a vow of no more little tastes and cheats. I wish I could stop everyone from bringing all the great looking baked goods into the house, but I can't right now, so I am just going to have to will myself to do what is right.