#11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 14:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/196/175 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default What's that chick's bra size?

Hi all,

Let me comment on a few of your comments re: chicken breasts.

Lisa N, I am sure from other things you've offered in my brief time on this forum (thought your tartar sauce was spectacular ! ) that the sauce you suggested for -- not over cooked -- chicken breasts would be really good. Why waste it on such a dismal piece of meat?

Karen, if taste were measured on a scale like muscle and fat, then chicken breasts would weigh less than a chunk of pine destined for the stove.

(But Shar, Sugar Frosted Sugar Smackies ! are good for you !)

Kathy, please ask your friend who raises chickens -- bet'cha the eggs she eats are really good eggs -- whatever happened to chicken necks?

Teuthis, if you would lavish the same care and culinary genius on chicken thighs as you suggest for chicken breasts, then you would have something really worth eating.

So, you purchased a whole chicken and are stuck with that miserable part of the bird. Here's what I suggest you do with it. Throw it in a pot of water, with maybe the wing tips you cut off when you made chicken wings. Throw in some onion, or whatever. (I add tumeric, not so much for the flavor, but for the golden color that carrots used to provide. I don't like gray stock.) Let it simmer for a good long while, strain it, throw the solids away, and you have chicken stock which is really good for a lot of things.

Bought three cans of Swanson chicken breast (4.5 oz) the other day 'cause they were on sale, three for a dollar. Okay, with chopped celery, daikon, and mayo, and on a bed of lettuce, they are edible. But just barely.

Chicken thigh cordon bleu anyone?