Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 10:59
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%
Smile Nice to meet other who feel the same

Hello Everyone

I'm taking wellbutrin for depression, over the years many meds have been prescribed but usually I don't tolerate them well, some have been effective but because of the unwelcom side effects I stop taking them. Wellbutrin however has for me only good side effects.

I was so surprised to see how many others have the same symptoms, its so hard to try to explain to someone who does not get depressed just how impossible even the simplest things are when these moods hit. I am what they call a rapid cycler, I can be fine in the morning and in a depression by noon. Its not always fast though, lately the depressions have been stretching for days to weeks and the periods in between have been less high for me. I am not manic depressive but do have mood swings which the Docs describe as manic depressive tendancies. Apparently I too have control issues, I am totally frustrated by what I cannot control - the weather being one the best examples .

When I'm depressed sometimes its hard to even get it together enough to answer a question - a simple question asked by my husband. Some days its too hard to even take a shower. I can lie huddled in a corner of the couch - with a full bladder for hours because it seems too hard to get up and walk down the hall to the bathroom. I don't over eat when I'm depressed, its too much trouble to eat anything, hours can pass and I'm not really aware of time passing I just exist. Then as others here have said I realize how much control I've lost. When I'm not depressed, I'm obsessive about my house, my hobbies, everything. In the depression everything is let go, and day after day the bad feelings about that pile on top of the depression and I feel so overwhelmed. Then usually I can start to feel it lift a little when the first thoughts of actually doing something about it manage to break into my mind and I (like someone else earlier said) do just 1 thing when I reach that stage usually within a day or two I start to function again.

The weather too has such an effect on my, after a few really dull days, its almost as if I'm looking at the world through a sheet of gauze that is tinted grey and everything looks dull and ugly to me even things that I love. When the sun is out, I feel everything sparkling.