#22   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 10:50
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
I think the first thing to do is structure when the recipe gets posted (ie. every Tuesday) so people know that it comes out on the same day each week.

Yes! It gives people something reliable to look forward to.
Quote:
"Recipe of the Week" club with a link to comment & rate the recipe (just like the Member's recipes). Then it would go into the master file at the end of the week.

The Recipe of the Week can be a stickie in the recipe section. Then, the link can be posted in the Readers Recipes under its corresponding category. It saves a lot of work moving stuff around and will be a permanent record that would include the "live time" comments in the thread.
Quote:
I worry about accessibility to the info.

You don't have to. If you build it, they will come. If it becomes really popular, I'm sure the webmaster would oblige with a permanent link somewhere.
Quote:
Exposure, member involvement.

Keep it fun and snappy! There are a lot more people here now who really enjoy cooking. Their excitement and participation will be what makes it successful and attractive to others.
Quote:
Maybe even let the members vote on what kind of recipe they'd like to review that week.

Too complicated from an administrative point of view. But, I have some suggestions:

January: Induction
February: Casseroles/Valentine's
March: Soup
April: Spring like food/Easter
May: Warm salads
June: Summer Vegetables
July: Barbecue
August: Barely cooked dinners
September: Easy or Induction recipes
October: One pot meals
November: Hearty Soups/Thanksgiving
December: Recipes to keep you on track. Maybe Christmas cookies?
Quote:
Lastly, people organizing it on a weekly basis.

What about soliciting recipes, then picking one to try for the week. It would be better to have a back-log. All the recipes can be posted to try and for comments, but only one would be chosen for "club" purposes.

I would keep it going all year. When something disappears, people have a tendency to forget about it.

Beware of overmanaging. It will happen organically with just a few people "steering" it. That's the nature of forums!

We used to have a monthly recipe posting as a stickie called "Let's Talk About X!" It was a great idea started by the former Kitchen Mod, Sharon. At that time, we had very few members and it was the same people posting all the time to keep it alive. I don't think that will happen in this case.

Here are the links to some of the months.

Sept. - Let's Talk About Salad Dressings

February: Let's Talk About Soup!

Jan. - Let's Talk About Induction Foods

Nov. - Let's Talk About Holiday Meals

It will be interesting to see what others think!

Karen