View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 10:07
Slothy Superhero

Plan: Vegetarian Atkins
Stats: 165/145/125 Female 60 inches
BF:29/25.2/24
Progress: 50%

Gastric bypass is where they go in surgically and "bypass" part of your stomach to make it smaller and therefore force you to eat much less.

I have a friend who did this and lost a lot of weight-like 100 pounds. When she came to visit I noticed she had not changed what she ate at all, only the amount she ate. She had steak biscuts for dinner and wanted to go and get ice cream (I vetoed that!). To me, she still has not learned to make smart food choices.

At least your friend is changing what he eats now. That will help him get healthier and keep that weight off. Is it cheating? Shrugs. I would rather change my way of eating than go under a knife, but that is just me. My friend went through a lot of pain due to the surgery.

As far as liposuction is concerned-I suppose it is all in why you are doing it. I have another friend who is planning on getting some done. She has fat deposits on her upper hip that no diet or exercise will get rid of. Causes her clothes to hang kind of funny and kills her self esteem. She is doing all the right things to get rid of her excess weight, but even at a goal weight, those fat deposits will still be there. I guess she is doing what she has to do. I personally think that all the media crap on what we should look like causes people to run to get stuff done. I have NEVER had a flat stomach, not even at my lowest weight in college of 107. So what? I am too scared of any of that lipo stuff to bother. I'll just keep my cute belly.