View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 09:44

Plan: Schwarzbien Newbie
Stats: 146/141/120
BF:shrinking
Progress: 19%
Default WOW!

Thanks for that post, KJ, I never knew that!!! I have read tons on fibro, too. I think I have a few of those "spots". I also bruise very easily, and feel pain much stronger than I should. I have a low threshold for pain, only on my skin/soft tissues. I can have a toothache, and it hardly bothers me, but lean an elbow on me, I howl in pain.

Now I understand. Your analogy about the sock was very helpful. I feel the low carb is helping alot.

I wholeheartedly agree about the sleep issue. When I do not sleep well, my whole system is up for grabs. Cramps, aches, weakness, you name it.

KJ, do you have Candida as well? I have read in alot of areas where candida and fibro may be linked. Then the chicken and egg theory comes again, which came first. I for one believe I had the candida first.

I have read that some researchers believe fibro starts after a trauma of some sort, like a car accident, or sexual abuse. I think that is a load of bull. My fibro just started, period. One day I remember thinking I was getting the flu, and I had these weird tender points on my shoulders. The tender points never went away, of course. I was about 24. Looking back, I think my problems with candida started when I was in my teens. I am almost 40, now, and I am ready to finally feel healthy!!!

Thanks for starting this thread!

-Jess