View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 06:52
Registered Member

Plan: Insulin Resistant diet
Stats: 320/240/138
BF:44%/33%/19%
Progress: 44%

I was considering surgery before I found this diet, I knew if I stayed obese I was going to develop some health problems and die from those. But I am a huge scaredy cat when it comes to surgery. Not only is there a mortality rate with it, you have the pain of surgery, recovery time which is months and you have more of a chance of excess skin. I have a little different views on it, I personally dont think it is pathetic I think it is sad though but it as an alternative for some that low carb isnt.

We are all needing to get to the same point, being thinner to prevent us from getting heart attacks and diabetes in our future.

If it takes low carb for us great, but some others it may take more. Me and my doctor had a talk about this just the other day when I saw him. He said that my skin is so much healthier looking and supple then a person with gastric bypass, he stated that they looked like they had cancer basically a balloon that had been popped. It takes us alot longer but it will
be worth it for your skin to be in much better shape and for us not to have to go through the worry of surgery and body altering. Plus you will survive a diet take a look at obesityhelp.com there is a memorial section full of people that died from the surgery or complications from it. Unfortunately, they were to that point as to where thats it or nothing. I cant fault anyone for not sticking to a diet I have tried various ones over the years that worked for other people that I wasnt able to stick too, I am just happy I found one that I could.