View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-01-03, 23:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 354/233/200 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:YES
Progress: 79%
Question gastric bypass...cheating

I have a friend at work who lost 184 lbs. When I asked him how he did it he said he was eating low carb. I was really impressed. He became my new low carb hero. I know there are people on this site who have lost as much or close ,but this was someone i saw everday and saw his before pics and was really impressed. Then i overheard him telling some girl at work that he had gastric bybass. I confronted him and he said " i didn't say i lost the weight low carb, i just said i was eating low carb" Well he sure didn't offer up he had the gastric bypass either. I felt a little betrayed, and i can't help feeling like people who have gastric bypass are cheaters. I mean i lost 77 lbs over 2 yrs busting my butt exercising and low carbing. People who get an operation don't have alot of choice but to eat very small meals and loose weight. I know someone is going to say, yah but if you start to over eat you can stretch out your stomach again and gain back the weight, but that still doesn't change the fact that it's alot easier. Does anyone else feel this way? My friend says well it was either get the bypass or die. I still think it's the easy way out.

Jon
Sponsored Links